Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Lark Video - Stole the Moon

Lark aka My Fave South African Band Ever Fronted By the Sexiest Woman in Music (Seriously Call Me Inge) have released a new video.




There is no moon-stealing in this video. I was hoping it would be a sequel to the Moonlight video with my Banshee Queen Inge Beckmann and her loyal robot dog engaging in moon theft but alas, twas not to be. Instead, there are two and a half minutes of Inge walking backwards and singing followed by 50 seconds of someone messing about on Google Earth.

The earth bits are nicely done - the director literally launched a camera into space - but as it's 50 less seconds of Inge camera-time, I consider it a drawback. To make the video, Inge had to learn the song backwards and at twice the speed. We don't need no stinking special effects in SA. We do our own special effects.

This video's great foreplay but at this point I am just desperate for the new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment