Monday, February 6, 2012

Are They Serious With This Shit: Crappy Movie Edition

Seen while checking out an Oh No They Didn't movie poster megapost (scroll down slowly for maximum effect):



Yes, it's a movie based on Dance Dance Revolution. And to think, I thought the Battleship movie would easily take the prize for worst movie premise in 2012. The poster did its job because this is the only movie out of the 5000 posted I felt compelled to IMDB.


Two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park -- a deadly arena in competitive dance-fight video game "Beat-Beat Revolution."

Yes

Yeeeesssss

YEEEEESSSSS





The (NSFW) trailer makes it clear this isn't just tongue in cheek, it's tongue, tonsils and teeth in cheek. That's disappointing. This is the kind of movie you want to be played straight. Watching a po-faced take on a post-apocalyptic Dance Dance Revolution turf war sounds like the perfect recipe for fun badness. There's a thin line between good and bad parody, and the trailer doesn't exactly convince me it's the former.



Still, the other poster is all kinds of B-movie cool even if it gives no hint of the main selling point.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm let's start with the plot. Its so thin, Calista Flockhart is sueing... Older than the mountains. I'd rather pick navel lint from hairy, sweaty construction workers than watch this again. (Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for computers, as I could skip forward). Good thing I had wine nearby, I do not think I would have survived otherwise. Well spotted for crappiest movie ever, hobbit.

    ReplyDelete